Employment Opportunity at RCCS, November 2016
Position Title: Fiscal Manager
Position’s Supervisor: Executive Director, Finance Committee
Full time Exempt
The Fiscal Manager is responsible for all the aspects of the fiscal administration, monitoring and reporting of the Agency’s programs and contracts. In conjunction with Executive Director, oversees and leads annual budgeting and planning process; administers and reviews all financial plans and budgets; monitors progress and changes and communicates the Agency’s financial status to the Executive Director and the Board.
Job Responsibilities by Functions:
1. Provide oversight and management of all financial functions reporting to the executive director and the Board Treasurer.
2. Manage and oversee all fiscal reporting, contract reviews, and agreement renewals with government agencies, private foundations and corporations to ensure accuracy and compliance with funding guidelines.
3. In coordination with Executive Director and department heads, create and manage annual consolidated agency budget.
4. Implement sound policies and procedures that safeguard the Agency’s assets and ensure compliance with all funding source regulations including data collection and timely submission of reports; regularly updates the finance department’s Policies and Procedures Manual.
5. Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and the finance committee; assess any changes necessary.
6. Administers scheduled payroll, employee benefits and payment of all necessary taxes.
7. Maintains Agency bank account information - checking and savings accounts - and prepare any loan documentation. Ensures appropriate cash flow for each month.
8. Reviews all related accounts, supervise prepaid expenses and deposits and maintain supporting schedules on all accounts. Reconciles General Ledger accounts monthly.
9. Supervises the fiscal department staff and oversees day-to-day accounting operations.
10. Prepares projections report for monthly Child Enrollments.
11. Collaborate with the senior management team in the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies and practices for the Agency.
- Degree in Accounting, Business Administration required or a related field
- 3+ years of professional experience in accounting or related field
- Solid understanding of GAAP and Fund Accounting
- Strong knowledge of general accounting functions including payroll, month-end/year-end close, preparing monthly and annual financial statements and overseeing annual audit
- Outstanding communication and management skills. Must have a collaborative team-oriented work style
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Work and Outlook. Proven track record of designing and implementing spreadsheets to track and analyze data
- Nonprofit awareness and experience
- Experience with Abila MIP software and/or NoHo database software a plus
- Grant writing experience
Salary & Benefits:Salary DOE
RCCS offers a generous benefits package including health, vision and dental 100% paid for employees, 10 days of sick time per year, 12 paid holidays, vacation pay and 403b retirement plan.
Email resume to: Soledad Figueroa
Copyright 2016 River to Coast Children's Services (RCCS)
16300 First Street (PO Box 16), Guerneville, CA 95446 · Tel: (707) 869-3613 · Fax: (707) 869-2616